By Constance Dahlin, Patrick J. Coyne, Betty R. Ferrell
Advanced perform Palliative Nursing is the 1st textual content dedicated to complex perform nursing care of the heavily in poor health and loss of life. This entire paintings addresses all points of palliative care together with actual, mental, social, and religious wishes. Chapters comprise: signs universal in critical affliction, pediatric palliative care, non secular and existential concerns, concerns round the position and serve as of the complex perform nurse (APN), repayment, and nursing management on palliative care groups. each one bankruptcy comprises case examples and a powerful facts base to help the very best quality of care. The textual content is written by way of leaders within the box and comprises authors who've pioneered the function of the complicated perform nurse in palliative care. This quantity bargains complex perform content material and useful assets for medical perform throughout all settings of care and encompassing every age, from pediatrics to geriatrics.
Read or Download Advanced Practice Palliative Nursing PDF
Best oncology books
Early life mind tumors are a various team of ailments characterised by means of the irregular progress of tissue contained in the cranium. except leukemia and lymphoma, mind tumors are the most typical form of neoplasms that take place in kids. The best reason behind loss of life from formative years neoplasms between individuals as much as 19 years is mind tumors.
This quantity is dedicated to the general administration of good tumors in little ones. fresh advances within the use of monoclonal antibodies for prognosis and attainable remedy are provided. New methods to the full care of the kid and relatives in addition to particular advancements within the remedy of outlined stipulations are mentioned.
'You have melanoma. ' phrases nobody desires to listen, yet heard by means of hundreds of thousands each year. hundreds of thousands extra listen the both shattering information friend has melanoma. either are life-changing messages. For the folks penning this e-book, melanoma used to be not just a private predicament, it used to be additionally an schooling. specialists on scientific ethics, own adventure with melanoma confirmed them how little they understood of the true global of significant disease.
- Analytical Use of Fluorescent Probes in Oncology
- Molecular Markers of Brain Tumor Cells: Implications for Diagnosis, Prognosis and Anti-Neoplastic Biological Therapy
- Cancer, Culture and Communication
- Statistical Thinking for Non-Statisticians in Drug Regulation
- Managing Colorectal Cancer: The Resectable and Potentially Resectable Patient, a Multidisciplinary Approach
Additional info for Advanced Practice Palliative Nursing
57. Temel JS, Grear JA, Muzikansky MA, et al. Early palliative care for patients with metastatic non-small cell lung cancer. N Engl J Med. 2010; 363: 733–42. 58. Institute of Medicine. Committee on Approaching Death: Addressing Key End of Life Issues 2014. aspx. Accessed August 17, 2014. 59. Committee on Approaching Death: Addressing Key End-of-Life Issues; Institute of Medicine. Dying in America: Improving Quality and Honoring Individual Preferences Near the End-of-Life, 2014. record_id=18748# Accessed September 17, 2014.
14. Dahlin C. National Consensus Project for Quality Palliative Care: Promoting Excellence in Palliative Nursing. In: Ferrell B, Coyle N, Paice J, eds. The Oxford Textbook of Palliative Nursing. 4th ed. New York, NY: Oxford University Press; 2014. 15. National Consensus Project for Quality Palliative Care. Clinical Practice Guidelines for Quality Palliative Care. 3rd ed. Pittsburgh, PA: National Consensus Project; 2013. 16. National Institutes of Health. NIH State-of-the-Science Conference Statement on Improving End-of-Life Care.
HPNA is not alone in recognizing the dearth of research in end-of-life care and the need for evidence-based practice development. The American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine partnered with the HPNA Research Advisory Group on an initiative called Measuring What Matters. 26 The purpose of the initiative is to provide measures for palliative care programs to use for program improvement, which would be a companion to the NCP guidelines previously discussed. The science of palliative care has been targeted as a priority area for the National Institute of Nursing Research (NINR).